Pituitary surgery and radiotherapy booklet
A5 size booklet providing general information about pituitary surgery and radiotherapy.
You may not find that all of the information applies to you in particular but we hope it helps you to understand your condition better and offers you a basis for discussion with your GP, endocrinologist and neurosurgeon.
- Where is my Pituitary gland, & what does it do?
- What is a Pituitary tumour?
- Why do I need an Operation?
- Surgical Treatment
- Transsphenoidal surgery
- What is the aim of Surgery & how likely is a Cure?
- What can go wrong during & after the Operation?
- What happens after the Operation?
- Surgery - One Patient's Story
- Radiotherapy Questions
- Radiotherapy - One Patient's Story
- How will Surgery &/or Radiotherapy affect my life?
- Alcohol & Replacement Hormones
- Insurance & Pensions
- Loss of Libido, Infertility & Relationships
- Personal Medical Identification
- Advice for Staying in Hospital
Prefer to read the booklet online? Free download available here