Rare Disease Day 2019
Rare Disease Day is the official international awareness-raising campaign for rare diseases. Rare Disease Day takes place on the last day of February each year. The main objective of the campaign is to raise awareness amongst the general public and decision-makers about rare diseases and their impact on patients' lives.
Rare Disease Day was launched by EURORDIS-Rare Diseases Europe and its Council of National Alliances in 2008.
We will be celebrating Rare Disease Day on 28 February – join us!
Take part in an interactive social media campaign #ShowYourRare to raise awareness.
Follow us on social media to find out more!
#ShowYourRare is the interactive social media campaign for Rare Disease Day. You can get involved during the month of February by painting your face and sharing a photo using the hashtag #ShowYourRare in solidarity with people across the world who are living with a rare disease.
Who can get involved?
Rare Disease Day is for everyone - the general public, rare disease patients, their families, carers, healthcare professionals, researchers, companies and politicians. You do not have to be directly affected by a rare disease, everyone can get involved!
1. Paint your face using brightly coloured face paints
2. Pose for a selfie or group photo
3. Post the picture on social media using the hashtags #ShowYourRare and #RareDiseaseDay
Share an image on your own or with your friends, family or colleagues!
Let's get creative!
- Paint your face with the Rare Disease Day logo colours!
- Paint the hands from the Rare Disease Day logo on your face
- Get inspired by the designs in the 2018 video
- Make a painting in the shape of the Rare Disease Day logo on some paper and hold it up in your photo
- Pose with the #ShowYourRare social media board
- Add this Facebook frame and twibbon to your profile pictures
- Or just have fun and get involved in any way possible by sharing a selfie with the hashtags
Remember to be careful of skin conditions and allergies if you choose to use face paint!
Organise an event
Every year, thousands of events are organized around the world to mark the occasion of Rare Disease Day. Organise an event at work, with your friends or family, during or around the month of February to raise awareness.
Share your story
Join the movement to raise awareness about rare diseases and their impact on patients’ lives by sharing your story of living with a pituitary condition or caring for someone that does.
If you’d like more information about how you can get involved in Rare Disease Day, please email email@example.com or call us on 0117 370 1333. Keep updated too by visiting our website and following us on social media.