Pituitary patients handbook
Click on the image to download the booklet free of charge.
For those seeking diagnosis, the newly diagnosed & diagnosed patient.
Although downloading this booklet is free of charge, could you kindly consider a small donation to help us keep our resources updated? Please visit our donation page. Thank you very much for your help.
Order a hard copy
If you would like a copy of the booklet sent to you, for £2.50, please visit our shop to order.
- The Pituitary Foundation
- For All Patients
- The Pituitary Patients Charter
Part 1: For Those Seeking a Diagnosis
- Seeking a Diagnosis
- Check List of Symptons Associated with Pituitary Conditions
- Referral to an Endocrinologist
Part 2: For Those Newly Diagnosed
- Treatment if a Pituitary Condition is diagnosed
- Emotional Issues
- For Those Facing Surgery
- Medication Names of Various Treatments
- Questions You may want to Ask when You Start your Treatment
- An Explanation of Hormones
Part 3: For Those Diagnosed
- Pituitary Function Tests Explained
- Recognising Practical & Emotional Issues
- The Patient & Doctor Relationship
- Physical Appearance
- Going to the Hospital for Tests
- Holiday & Travel Information
Part 4: For Those Patients on Hydrocortisone
- Important Information for Patients on Hydrocortisone
- When would I need to take more Hydrocortisone?
- How to give an Emergency Injection of Hydrocortisone
- How do I cope if I'm Travelling away from home with Hydrocortisone?
- When do I know that I would need an Emergency Injection?
- Contact Details for Other Organisations