Employment & Benefits booklet
Click on the image to download the booklet free of charge.
The aim of this booklet is to provide information about the situations you may encounter as a pituitary patient seeking or in employment.
You may not find that all of the information applies to you in particular, but we hope it helps you along your pituitary journey and offers you a basis for discussion with your employer or prospective employer.
Order a hard copy
If you would like a copy of the booklet sent to you, please visit our shop to order.
- The Equality Act 2010
- Finding work
- At work
- Should I tell my employer?
- What if I don't tell my employer?
- How much time off am I likely to need?
- I've had my treatment, how do I plan to return to work?
- Reasonable adjustments at work
- Things to consider at work
- The pituitary impact
- Your employer
- Adapting strategies to discuss with your employer
- Thinking strategies to consider if you need to make a life change
- Benefits for pituitary patients and their families
- What you might be entitled to
- Claiming benefits
- Employment and support allowance
- If they turn you down
- One patient's experience
- Support The Pituitary Foundation