Weight control and nutrition booklet
Click on the image to download the booklet free of charge.
The aim of this booklet is to provide information about weight issues associated with pituitary conditions, as well as provide some practical advice about nutrition.
You may find that not all of the information applies to you in particular but we hope it helps you to understand weight issues better and offers you a basis for discussion with your GP and endocrinologist.
Order a hard copy
If you would like a copy of the booklet sent to you, please visit our shop to order.
- Where is my Pituitary gland and what does it do?
- The pituitary gland
- The Hypothalamus
- Why do pituitary and hypothalamus conditions lead to weight gain?
- Conditions affecting the pituitary gland
- Conditions affecting the hypothalamus
- Is this a problem for me?
- How does the brain control appetite?
- What can be done to control weight in hypothalamic damage?
- Questions regarding weight
- Do hormones affect weight?
- Does my treatment cause me to gain weight?
- I have a healthy diet, but can't lose weight
- I find it difficult to exercise because of my condition
- Will I ever lose the weight I have put on since being treated?
- Nutritional advice
- Healthy eating guidelines
- Portion control
- Exercise advice
- Why is exercise important and how does it affect the body?
- What can I do if I'm just beginning an exercise programme?