Webinar - psychological aspects of obesity in pituitary conditions
Our April webinar will focus on the psychological aspects of obesity in pituitary conditions.
Our guest this month is Dr. Sue Jackson, and the webinar will be hosted by Pat McBride, head of our patient and family services team.
This webinar will focus on the issues associated with living with a changed appearance, in particular a body image altered by obesity.
We will look at why it matters and the factors involved in managing such a changed body image. We will consider why it is difficult to deal with and what sources of support can be useful in helping us to cope.
Details - 11.00am on Tuesday 25 April. Duration 1 hour.
Dr Sue Jackson is a chartered psychologist specialising in the psychosocial impact and treatment of chronic health conditions. In addition to managing an extensive research portfolio, she is a currently an associate lecturer at the University of Plymouth and a visiting lecturer on the Clinical Psychology Doctorate Programme at the University of Surrey. Dr Jackson is the first psychologist to serve on the Medical Advisory Committee for the Pituitary Foundation.
What is a webinar? A webinar is short for web-based seminar. This is a watch and listen only webinar. We will not be able to see you or hear you but you will be able to write comments and questions.
Dr. Jackson writes: “Findings from the 2008 Needs Analysis highlighted a number of concerns and identified the unmet psychosocial needs of pituitary patients. For example, but not exclusively:
- Issues regarding identity suggested a long and unsupported struggle to come to terms with a profoundly changed image of self;
- Changes to appearance were felt as a loss, with individuals experiencing diminished control and confidence to deal with these changes.
What will you need to watch/ listen?
- If you haven’t seen the confirmation email please check your junk folder.
- You’ll need a speaker or headphones.
- If you’re using a normal desktop computer you should be able to log into the event through the link in your registration email.
- If you’re using IPHONE/ IPAD then you’ll need to download this free APP - https://itunes.apple…g-online-meetings/id1141803571
- If you’re using ANDROID then you’ll need to download this free APP https://play.google.…x.clickmeetingmobile&hl=en
Thanks for your interest in our webinars!
This series of webinars will share expert knowledge from a range of pituitary experts on a regular basis.
Our medical committee is made up of 26 of the UK's leading specialists in the pituitary field. There are endocrinologists, surgeons, consultants, nurses and other health care professionals.
In future these are likely be members only events.
What is a webinar?
A webinar is short for web-based seminar. Conducted via the internet, it is usually a live meeting, presentation, or workshop between participants in separate locations.
For the time being these are watch and listen only webinars. We will not be able to see you or hear you. Text comments are welcome for Q+A during the webinar. We'll make this available to watch again later.
We hope to make this presentation available after the event if you want to watch again.