National Pituitary Conference 2019
Saturday 27th April 2019, Bristol
The Mercure Bristol Grand Hotel, Broad Street, Bristol, BS1 2EL
Registration & arrivals: 9.30 - 10.30am, Conference: 10.30am - 4.35pm
Join us for our Conference to Meet the Experts, to celebrate The Pituitary Foundation’s 25th Anniversary. This promises to be a very special Conference, returning to the city where the charity was born back in 1994. As well as meeting with over 200 other patients, there will be multiple workshops and guest speakers from across the UK.
Why attend this Conference?
- Listen to presentations from specialist speakers, Endocrinologists and Specialist Endocrine Nurses from across the UK.
- Attend NEW afternoon workshops covering popular topics and conditions – as requested by delegates last year.
- Meet with over 200 other patients and families who are all going through their own pituitary journey.
- Attend the event at a recently refurbished venue which in the very centre of Bristol.
- Refreshments and a 2 course lunch will be provided.
- Early bird ticket rates are available for subscribed members at just £34.
- Join us in celebrating 25 years of The Pituitary Foundation.
Event Programme & Speakers
Registration is open from 9.30-10.30am. On arrival at the event, you will be given your name badge and delegate pack which will give you all the information you need about the day. There will also be tea, coffee and refreshments available.
From 10.30am, the first morning session will be run by Professor John Wass and Professor Stafford Lightman, and will include research and medical updates. Other guest speakers in attendance this year include Dr Sue Jackson, Professor John Newell-Price, Dr Stephanie Baldeweg, Dr Steve Ball, Dr Karin Bradley, Dr Natasha Thorogood, and the endocrine team from the Bristol Royal Infirmary. More speakers will be confirmed in the next few weeks.
After the first talk, delegates will attend two workshops that they have selected prior to the event with the above speakers. The workshop topics are based on requests from delegates at the last conference so hopefully everyone will find a workshop that is well suited to them. We have many more workshops on offer this year including:
- Newly Diagnosed Patients (have been diagnosed within 12 months)
- Psychological impact of pituitary conditions (Inc.short term memory loss & discussion)
- Adrenal Insufficiency & Steroid Regimes (Inc. emergency injection)
- Your relationship with GP/Consultant, preparing for annual review & Qs – Prof John Wass
- Management of Common Symptoms (for all patients)
- Diabetes Insipidus
- Session for Younger Patients and Parents
The Conference will end with a Q&A with our fantastic speakers. More workshops will be announced soon.
Refreshments are provided throughout the day, including a two course lunch with both hot and cold options. If you have any dietary requirements then you will need to inform us of this when booking.
The Conference will finish at 4.35pm.
The Conference is being held at the Mercure Bristol Grand Hotel, a luxurious Victorian hotel in the City Centre. Accommodation is available for you if you require this (see below for how to book).
The venue is less than a mile from Bristol Temple Meads train station, or a 10 minute drive from the motorway with parking available on site. The coach station is also only a 7 minute walk away if you choose to travel by coach from another city in the UK. If you are flying, regular buses run from the airport to the centre and take around 30 minutes.
We recommend booking travel in advance and looking up advance fares, offering good value for money on many longer distance journeys. Weekends also mean cheaper train travel.
Further detailed travel information will be sent out with all booking confirmations.
How to book your Conference place
There are 3 different options of how to book your place on our 2019 Conference:
- Website shop – once you have booked online and made your payment, we will email you an electronic form for you to fill in your workshop choices and to inform us of any special requirements. You may not hear from us immediately if we are experiencing a high volume of bookings, but don’t worry your place at the Conference has been secured.
- Telephone – please ring 0117 370 1310 and we can give you further information before processing your booking, selecting your workshop choices, and taking payment. If you would just like some further information about the event you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Booking form – this can be downloaded here for you to print out and post back to us with a cheque. Please send this to The Pituitary Foundation, 86-88 Colston Street, Bristol, BS1 5BB. Cheques should be made payable to ‘The Pituitary Foundation’.
Full booking and workshop confirmations, including travel information, will be sent out to you via email within a few weeks.
All delegate rates are listed on the booking form and on the website shop. Rates for our members are subsidised to the greatest extent with the early bird rate being just £34, available until 20th December. Our member’s rate is £36 after this date. There is also a special offer rate for younger delegates aged 13- 25 of only £24! We heavily subsidise places as the full cost to us per delegate is £97 so if you are in a position to contribute a donation towards the full cost of your place this would be hugely appreciated.
The deadline for Conference bookings is Friday 19th April 2019.
How to book your B&B
For those who wish to stay over at The Grand Hotel during the Conference, The Pituitary Foundation has been given a set rate for our delegates for the night before and the night after the event. The set rates per night for B&B are:
- Friday 26th April: Single £90, Double or twin £100
- Saturday 27th April: Single £125, Double or twin £135
The hotel has recently been refurbished and includes facilities such as free Wi-Fi, Keepers Bar & Kitchen, a swimming pool, spa, and a gym.
To book B&B, you must contact the venue directly. Card payments will be taken during the calls.
The number to call is 0117 9811 632 between the hours of 9am and 5pm. Please specify the name and date of our event to the hotel to be given these set rates.
The deadline for B&B bookings is Saturday 30th March 2019.
There will be an optional evening event following our Conference to mark The Pituitary Foundation’s 25th Anniversary. This event will be launched soon.
Refunds are available but subject to a £2 admin charge up until 1st February, and a £6 admin charge from 1st February - 19th April. We regret that refunds are not possible from 19th April.
We offer three free bursary places for those most in need of the information. Deadline for applications is February 1st, we inform delegates February 5th. Please email email@example.com to be sent an application form.
The Conferences are very popular so to avoid disappointment please book early.
The deadline for bookings is Friday 19th April 2019.