Patient Information & Support Helpline
Our telephone helpline is available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm. Please dial 0117 370 1320
Any upcoming closures will be detailed to the right hand side.
This line is confidential and can help answer general questions about pituitary conditions, such as newly diagnosed, pre and post op, travel, insurance, etc.
Calls are answered by trained staff and volunteers with pituitary experience, and understand the issues you might be facing. We are here to listen and provide clear and up-to-date information. We will also let you know where else you can go for further support and information.
Mission Statement for the Patient Support and Information Helpline
The Helpline provides a confidential and non-judgmental service to pituitary patients, their families and friends. This service delivers appropriate and clear information in a prompt and empathetic manner to enable callers to make informed choices.
1. This service is limited to general information and support, and isn’t a crisis or emergency helpline. We cannot offer medical advice, nor are we experienced to deal with mental health issues.
- For medical pituitary advice please call our endocrine specialist nurse
- For mental health issues please contact:
MIND (0300 123 3393 9am – 6pm Mon to Fri)
No Panic (0844 967 4848 daily, 10am to 10pm)
2. We cannot become involved in the management of any individual case.
3. At busy times there will be other calls being taken and an answer phone message will be heard. Please don’t leave a message on this service, as we cannot call you back, but do try the line again.
4. Our telephone system has a number display facility. Callers' telephone numbers to the Helpline may be displayed on our telephone screens. If your number is displayed, this will not be recorded in any means unless you give us permission.
5. By calling us you are providing consent for us to process your data in order to provide you with the information or services you are contacting us about. Your personal details will only be used to provide you with information or services you have requested.
The cost of calls from mobiles and other networks may vary; please check with your service provider.